There are many natural ways to support our respiratory health. Since this topic has came up so many times within the groups, we gathered our best information to help.
25% off supplements here:
NAC (top mention)
* For NAC, he has me use the DaVinci Labs 500mg on fullscript. $20 dollars, usually $27. But all top brands carry it at 25% off above.
"In vitro and in vivo data show that NAC protects the lungs against toxic agents by increasing pulmonary defence mechanisms through its direct antioxidant properties and its indirect role as a precursor of GSH synthesis."
* Personally I use Liposomal Glutathione by the top brand Quicklilver ($38 instead of $51)
Results RNA spray for convenience, taste and cost when traveling or on the go. ($30 instead of $40 with discount above).
"Glutathione (GSH), a ubiquitous tripeptide thiol, is a vital intra- and extracellular protective antioxidant against oxidative/nitrosative stresses, which plays a key role in the control of pro-inflammatory processes in the lungs."
"Glutathione supports healthy lungs by reducing inflammation and helping to regulate a substance called surfactant that keeps the air sacs healthy.
Glutathione treatment improves lung function in patients with cystic fibrosis."
* I have used many forms and brands of Vitamin C. Top brands are all 25% off above. I now only use the Allergy Research brand Magnesium Ascorbate for Vitamin C. Magnesium Ascorbate is a buffered, non-acidic form of vitamin C and is considered gentle on the stomach and a top recommendation if you have histamine issues (which I do). It is usually $30, but with the discount, it is $22.49
"The evidence to date indicates that oral vitamin C (2–8 g/day) may reduce the incidence and duration of respiratory infections and intravenous vitamin C (6–24 g/day) has been shown to reduce mortality, intensive care unit (ICU) and hospital stays, and time on mechanical ventilation for severe respiratory infections."
VITAMIN C EDUCATION:
* I use the brand Pure Encapsulations recommended to me by my doctor. It is 25% off above.
"Zinc for the prevention or treatment of acute viral respiratory tract infections in adults: a rapid systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials."
* I use this in different formulas I take. Just type Bromelain in the search bar under fullscript catalog.
"Several reports evidently demonstrated the efficacy of bromelain in reducing airway reactivity and susceptibility to irritants by decreasing markers (CD19+ B cells, CD4+ and CD8+ T lymphocytes) of lung inflammation in ovalbumin induced model of allergic airway disease."
COD LIVER OIL (INCREASES VITAMIN D naturally)
* Rositas is the top recommended brand and amazing discount above.
"Prevention of covid-19 and other acute respiratory infections with cod liver oil supplementation..."
COD LIVER OIL EDUCATION
"Sulforaphane enriched transcriptome of lung mitochondrial energy metabolism and provided pulmonary injury protection via Nrf2 in mice."
A few articles if you want to read more:
Great food ideas for lung health in their article.
Additional supplement ideas for lung health.
"Many medicinal herbs possess anti-inflammatory properties which help support, protect, and enhance lung function."
Disclaimer: Rise Above Lyme makes no claims about any possible benefit of using any product mentioned within this site. Always consult with your doctor before adding anything. The information shared is based on personal experience, years of accumulated researched resources from Lyme Literate doctors and polls conducted within Lyme groups from actual patient experience using these solution ideas.